Posted to user@oodt.apache.org by YunHee Kang <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/01 17:28:52 UTC

Question about metadata specification for Filemgr and Pushpull

Hi Chris and Brian,

I am reading source codes for handling "Catalog exception" related the
runtime error described below.
org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.structs.exceptions.CatalogException:
Failure writing request
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient.hasProduct(XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:606)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.ingest.StdIngester.hasProduct(StdIngester.java:284)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.isAlreadyInDatabase(FileRetrievalSystem.java:254)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem.addToDownloadQueue(FileRetrievalSystem.java:463)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalmethod.RemoteCrawler.processPropFile(RemoteCrawler.java:138)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.RetrievalSetup.retrieveFiles(RetrievalSetup.java:109)
    at org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.Daemon$1.run(Daemon.java:218)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I think that the exception was caused by the wrong value of the
parameter productName of the method  hasProduct() in the following
codelet of  XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:
at org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManagerClient.hasProduct(XmlRpcFileManagerClient.java:606)
public boolean hasProduct(String productName) throws CatalogException {
       Vector<Object> argList = new Vector<Object>();
       argList.add(productName);

       boolean hasProduct = false;

       try {
           hasProduct = ((Boolean) client.execute("filemgr.hasProduct",
                   argList)).booleanValue();
       } catch (XmlRpcException e) {
           throw new CatalogException(e.getMessage());
       } catch (IOException e) {
           throw new CatalogException(e.getMessage());
       }
       return hasProduct;
   }

I inspected that  the element  "mine-type" described below was added
in the file mimestypes.xml  that is  one of pushpull property files.
 <mime-type type="product/tes">
           <_comment>ProductType=MyTesProductType</_comment>
          <glob
pattern="TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r\d{10}\w{2}\d{2}\w\d{2}\.he5"
isregex="true"/>
        </mime-type>

I would like to know what the element "mine-type" means.
I am wondering how I can check the value of productName in the
properties of Filemgr and Pushpull.

I am sorry to bother you again.

Thanks,
Yunhee

Re: Question about metadata specification for Filemgr and Pushpull

Posted by Brian Foster <ho...@me.com>.
Hey YunHee,

Okay, found another bug... lol... you're on a roll dude!

I've attached the fix to issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OODT-481

Just patch the fix into the trunk pushpull and download with communication to filemgr should work now.

-brian

Posted by YunHee Kang <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

I overlooked the function of the CAS crawler Framework  to ingest
download files into the CAS File Manager.   I appreciate your
explanation about the relationship between Pushpull framework and
Crawler Framework.  To be honest, I was confused why you only modified
two source programs in the patch. Now it  helps to clearfy my
thinking.

Thanks,
Yunhee

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 to Brian's comments below.

Cheers,
Chris

On Aug 2, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Brian Foster wrote:

> Hey YunHee,
>
> This is expected behavoir now... pushpull only downloads the files... it talks to the filemgr to try to determine if it already has a file before it redownloads it... if you want automated file ingest, you must set up a crawler to crawl your pushpull staging directory... there is documentation for that as well... http://oodt.apache.org/components/maven/crawler/user/ ... the command line information is out of date there possibly, however just run: ./crawler_launcher --help ... the help menus are pretty involved... you can also learn how to customize your command-line options here: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/cli/README.txt
>
> -brian
>
> On Aug 02, 2012, at 10:08 AM, Kang YunHee <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Brain,
>>
>> I applied the patch(OODT-481.2012-08-01.txt) to the source of pushpull
>> framework, rebuilt it and swapped its jar out in my deployment according
>> to the following steps:
>>
>> patch -p0 < OODT-481.2012-08-01.txt
>> mvn clean
>> mvn install
>> cd target
>> cp cas-pushpull-0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar ~/oodt-0.5/cas-pushpull/lib/
>>

>> After I ran the pushpull script, I found out there is no "Catalog
>> exception" as you can see:
>> Aug 3, 2012 1:31:25 AM
>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.retrievalsystem.FileRetrievalSystem
>> addToDownloadQueue
>> WARNING: Skipping file {parent = 'null', path =
>> '/TES/TL2CO2N.005/2004.09.20/TES-Aura_L2-CO2-Nadir_r0000002147_F06_09.he5',
>> isDir = 'false'} because it is already in staging area
>> PageSize: 8 PageLoc: 2
>> FileList size: 2
>> PageSize: 8 PageLoc: 952
>> FileList size: 952
>> Aug 3, 2012 1:35:38 AM
>> org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.protocol.ProtocolHandler disconnect
>> INFO: Disconnecting protocol
>> org.apache.oodt.cas.protocol.ftp.CommonsNetFtpProtocol
>> Aug 3, 2012 1:35:38 AM org.apache.oodt.cas.pushpull.daemon.Daemon$1 run
>> INFO: Daemon with ID = 90121 on RMI registry port 9012 is shutting down
>>

>> But I am not sure that the file downloaded is ingested by my filemgr.
>> I think if it was ingested by my filemgr, it would be in the repository
>> directory.
>> However I did not find it in my repository directory:
>>
>> Let me know how to check the status of cataloging mentioned above.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Yunhee
>>
>> On 8/2/12 6:29 AM, "Brian Foster" <ho...@me.com> wrote:
>>

>> >hey YunHee,
>> >
>> >I've submitted the patch, so you can instead of having to patch the code
>> >you can just resync your pushpull code and rebuild it and swap the jar
>> >out in your deployment
>> >
>> >-brian

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Question about metadata specification for Filemgr and Pushpull

Posted by Brian Foster <ho...@me.com>.
Hey YunHee,

Posted by Kang YunHee <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brain,