Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Murali Konnipati <mu...@altair.com> on 2007/09/24 22:33:13 UTC

Problem with SVC client send_receieve method

Hi All,

      I am sending a message to .net webservice using the Service Client API.
At the time of calling "send_receieve" method, it was giving the following error...

       "Stub invoke FAILED: Eroor code: 2 :: NULL parameter was passed when a non NULL parameter was expected"

    Can anybody please tell me, when axis2 generates the above error..

Thanks & Regards,

Murali K

Re: Problem with SVC client send_receieve method

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Murali Konnipati wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>       I am sending a message to .net webservice using the Service
> Client API.
> At the time of calling "send_receieve" method, it was giving the
> following error...
>
>        "Stub invoke FAILED: Eroor code: 2 :: NULL parameter was passed
> when a non NULL parameter was expected"
>
>     Can anybody please tell me, when axis2 generates the above error..

Most probably, the .NET service did not return anything due to some error.
Please try and capture the messages sent and received to verify that the
messages are sent properly.
Also have a look at the log file written by the client.

Samisa...

--
Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/PHP
"http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php?WSO2&nbsp;Web&nbsp;Services&nbsp;Framework%2FPHP&nbsp;-&nbsp;Open&nbsp;source&nbsp;PHP&nbsp;extention&nbsp;for&nbsp;providing&nbsp;and&nbsp;consuming&nbsp;Web&nbsp;services&nbsp;in&nbsp;PHP"

Re: Problem with SVC client send_receieve method

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Your endpoint is an https endpoint. For this to work you have to set the
SSL related options.

To do this, uncomment the following in axis2.xml file and set the paths
according to your endpoint.

<!--
    <transportSender name="https" class="axis2_http_sender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
    </transportSender>
    <parameter name="SERVER_CERT">/path/to/ca/certificate</parameter>
    <parameter
name="KEY_FILE">/path/to/client/certificate/chain/file</parameter>
    <parameter name="SSL_PASSPHRASE">passphrase</parameter>
    -->

HTH

Samisa...

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <du...@wso2.com>.
Murali Konnipati wrote:
> But in the code, i have set the SERVER_CERT parameter. Do i need to set
> in the axis2.xml configuration file as well ..

No you don't :)

But you need to have the following:

<transportSender name="https" class="axis2_http_sender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
</transportSender>

Regards,
Dumindu.

Re: Problem with SVC client send_receieve method

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <du...@wso2.com>.
Hi Murali,

This doesn't seem to me as a problem with ssl client. It rather is
something to do with your rampart configuration.

AFAIK, it is not correct to set the user name in axis2.xml. It has
to be done with security policy.

HTH,
Dumindu.

Posted by Murali Konnipati <mu...@altair.com>.
But in the code, i have set the SERVER_CERT parameter. Do i need to set in the axis2.xml configuration file as well ..

Kindly let me know regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali K