Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Deaton <TD...@co.guilford.nc.us> on 2005/05/16 20:52:32 UTC

German political spam

I've got some rules in place (thank you guys!) that blocks a lot of this spam, but now my director is getting emails on her blackberry with bogus "TO" addresses that doesn't seem
to be going thru SpamAssassin. Any ideas?

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an
authorized county official. If you have received this communication in
error , please do not distribute it. Please notify the sender by E-mail
at the address shown and delete the original message.

Thank you

Re: German political spam

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> I've got some rules in place (thank you guys!) that blocks a lot of
> this spam, but now my director is getting emails on her blackberry with
> bogus "TO" addresses that doesn't seem to be going thru SpamAssassin.
> Any ideas?

What one are you using, the one with the generic header checks may cause
false positives. On our ham corpus it also flagged some. You might want to
check the one i wrote, thats very specific to the subjects used in the
attack.

Bye,
Raymond.