Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/19 04:50:38 UTC

[users@httpd] .htaccess configuration file

Hi all,
  I have an .htaccess question, and I cannot seem to find the answer to my
question.  I'm using shared hosting, so I'm limited to .htaccess for
security.  I'm creating a test sub domain and a staging sub domain for my
site that I would like to secure.  In the test sub domain I have the
following .htaccess file.

AuthType Basic

AuthName "Test System"

AuthUserFile "/home/smokskis/.htpasswds/test/passwd"

#deny entire "test" directory and hence test sub domain
require valid-user

Now, within my directory test, I have a notify.php file that I need to allow
global access to for pay pal sandbox testing.  Since pay pal will not use
any form of basic authentication, this file needs to be publicly available.
What directive can I use to require basic authentication for every file
except notify.php?  I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the net,
I've tried setting a <File> directive that sets allow from all, but this
doesn't seem to work.  I've looked at both
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_access.html and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/sections.html
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,