Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/19 22:08:37 UTC

Commons JCI failure

Commons JCI is currently failing[1] because of its janino dependency -
which appears to be a packaged 2.3.8 version. JCI currently depends on
the latest janino 2.5.10 release.

Since JCI use a maven2 build - could it not download the version it
requires and get rid of this packaged project (doesn't seem like
anything else uses it) - or update the packaged janino to the latest
version?

tia

Niall

[1] http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/commons-jci/gump_work/build_apache-commons_commons-jci.html
[2] http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/janino/janino/index.html

Re: Commons JCI failure

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 5:22 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-01-20, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> If janino isn't used by any other project, simply removing it is the
>> best thing to do.
>
> Done

Thank you!

Now on to the next issue...

Niall

Re: Commons JCI failure

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-01-20, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> If janino isn't used by any other project, simply removing it is the
> best thing to do.

Done

Stefan

Re: Commons JCI failure

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-01-20, Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> wrote:

> "Niall Pemberton" <ni...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Commons JCI is currently failing[1] because of its janino dependency -
>> which appears to be a packaged 2.3.8 version. JCI currently depends on
>> the latest janino 2.5.10 release.

>> Since JCI use a maven2 build - could it not download the version it
>> requires and get rid of this packaged project (doesn't seem like
>> anything else uses it) - or update the packaged janino to the latest
>> version?

> I usually don't have a lot of spare cycles during the work week.  But as I
> understand <mvn /> builds, simply removing the reference to janino from the
> commons metadata will do what you want.

No, it most likely wouldn't have any effect.  <depend>/<option> only
determine build order in mvn projects, the mvn build itself will get
Gump built artifacts (or installed packages) for everything that has
been built by the time mvn asks for them.

Re: Commons JCI failure

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.