Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bruno Salgueiro <bs...@sibs.pt> on 2000/02/28 17:30:20 UTC

Some issues with Tomcat 3.0

Hi to all.

  I have sucessfully instaled Tomcat3.0+Apache 1.3.11+mod_ssl 2.5.0 and
all the examples seemed to run OK on Linux Red Hat 6.1.

  The first thing is that each time I run Tomcat it listens on port 8080
but there are two other ports that I don't understand what they do and
in
the documentation there is nothing mentioning them. I know that they are
created by the JVM running the lsof program. Can someone elucidate me?
And BTW, how can I disable the Tomcat Web Server?

  Another problem is when I tried to create another web-app in another
di-
rectory and change the configuration files. The servlets are running OK
but
the JSPs have a problem with the classpath, according to the error that
is
given in the following lines. I am using the number guess example:

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPwork/8080/_0002fhtml_0002fnumguess_0002ejspnumguess_jsp_0.java:15:
Class
num.NumberGuessBean not found in import.
import num.NumberGuessBean;
       ^
1 error

        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:216)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:226)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:148)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:247)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:352)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper.java:626)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper.java:534)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:378)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java:644)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:440)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:144)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java:304)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

So, I tried to add the WEB-INF/classes to the tomcat.sh script and still
didn't
work. Off course that there is a subdir num with the class
NumberGuessBean already
compiled but I can't figure out what is going wrong... Note that the
snoop servlet
example is running and its class is located in the WEB-INF/classes...

Thanks for your attention.
Bruno Salgueiro       (mailto:bs@sibs.pt)

SIBS - Sociedade Interbancária de Serviços
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Lote 1, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Tel: + 351 21 791 88 33
Fax: + 351 21 793 50 80
http://www.sibs.pt

Esta mensagem foi assinada com certificado MULTIcert.
Para obter o certificado da Autoridade de Certificação
PILOTO MULTIcert dirija-se ao site
            http://www.sibs.multicert.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."
                                        --Pablo Picasso

Re: Some issues with Tomcat 3.0

Posted by Bruno Salgueiro <bs...@sibs.pt>.
Hi to all.

  From what I've seen you are not giving any help to the 3.0 release or
am I wrong? According to the web page it is the most stable version and
I wouldn't like to fool around, trying to show some real work, with an
unstable version...

Regards,