Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Petra Hora <Pe...@herold.at> on 2002/08/23 16:06:45 UTC

Conext relative servlet URLs

Hi,

I've got a question regarding the use of the context-relative URI
"/servlet" in servlet URLs.

Our application is currently running on Tomcat 2 and uses URLs of the
form:
http://localhost:8080/{context-path}/{classname}
and We have created extra Invoker entries like the following in web.xml
in order to define which URLs point to our servlets ...

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            invoker
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /adm/*
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

We are looking to migrate to Tomcat 3.3.1 and Apache 2.0.39 in the near
future and can't find a way of respecifying our web.xml invoker entries
with this newer version. From reading other web links it seems that we
will either have to live with "servlet" URLs of the form:
http://localhost:8080/{context-path}/servlet/{classname}
or start defining all of our servlets in web.xml !

Does anybody have any ideas about the invoker and Tomcat 3.3 - does it
still exist or is there now another way of solving the problem ?

thanks and regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ing. Petra Hora
___________________________
HEROLD Business Data AG
Guntramsdorfer Strasse 105
A-2340 Moedling
FB: FN 144.839z

Fon: +43-2236-401-604
Fax: +43-2236-401-8
e-Mail: petra.hora@herold.at

Besuchen Sie unsere Web Sites
www.gelbeseiten.at
www.otb.at
www.b2b.at
www.herold.at

.....und auch im WAP
wap.otb.at
wap.gelbeseiten.at

Re: Conext relative servlet URLs

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
In 3.3.1 most of the configuration moved to the server.xml file.  To do what
you want, you would edit the server.xml and modify the InvokerInterceptor
element to:

<InvokerInterceptor prefix="/adm/" />

However, you can have only one choice of "prefix".

"Petra Hora" <Pe...@herold.at> wrote in message
[...]

Mit freundlichen Gr��en
Ing. Petra Hora