Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Jeff Belz <jb...@vectorform.com> on 2018/11/20 17:53:28 UTC

Bootloader log

All:

If there a switch to turn on a log for the bootloader.   I have 2 images loaded into the flash and the first image has the boot_set_pending(1) command.
I want to see a log from the bootloader to see what it is doing.   For sure my images are not being swapped.  Just need a way to debug this

Jeff

Re: Bootloader log

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
Hi Jeff,

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 05:53:28PM +0000, Jeff Belz wrote:
> If there a switch to turn on a log for the bootloader.   I have 2
> images loaded into the flash and the first image has the
> boot_set_pending(1) command.  I want to see a log from the bootloader
> to see what it is doing.   For sure my images are not being swapped.
> Just need a way to debug this

I'm afraid the boot loader does not log anything.

How are you setting the second image's `pending` flag?  To make sure
this is getting set properly, I would use the
`imgmgr_state_set_pending()` function from
@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/imgmgr.  In your case, your call should look
like:

    imgmgr_state_set_pending(1, 0);

Chris