Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Deepak Subhramanian <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/11 12:05:54 UTC

Can we have multiple flume agents with different URLS on same port for Flume HTTPSrc

Hi ,
I am using an extended version of Flume HTTP Src. It there a way to
configure multiple flume agents to listen on different urls but on same
port.

For example one agent listening on
http://hostname1:80/test<http://hostname1/test>and another agent
listening on
http://hostname1:80/dev <http://hostname1/dev>
We have to go through firewall request everytime we need to add an
additional port to a flume agent.
--
Deepak Subhramanian

Re: Can we have multiple flume agents with different URLS on same port for Flume HTTPSrc

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, this is not supported as of now. HTTP Source internally uses Jetty
and during init the agent bind to root context and port, and the process is
repeated for each agent.

You can use a simple HTTP proxy in front of your agents, and let it choose
which Agents to send the request based on context.

Even if we support context binding, we would need piggy backing mechanism
to achieve what you need(similar to HTTP proxy approach). We cannot share
Jetty Server reference across JVM's.

HTH!

--
thanks