Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/18 05:50:31 UTC

Launcher command line

I had a thought for supporting two different alternatives for
specifying the jar to run to the launcher:

1) use the current syntax (jarFile), but see if it has any Maven meta-
data and if so use that to add dependencies

2) allow the user to supply an artifactId on the command line e.g.
    $ java -jar launcher.jar http://example.com/component
com.example.sca:myComposite:1.0
                             +- componentId               +-
artifactId (mvn syntax)

These would give us the classpath extension mechanism we need.

Thoughts?
--
Jeremy