Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2007/03/03 00:09:21 UTC

clarification on WSDL/SOAP MEPs

If i have a SetupStart operation defined in a WSDL as follows

<wsdl:definitions .... >
     <wsdl:portType .... > *
         <wsdl:operation name="SetupStart">
            <wsdl:input name="SetupStartRequest"/>
            <wsdl:output name="SetupStartResponse"/>
         </wsdl:operation>
     </wsdl:portType >
</wsdl:definitions>

If I specify a SOAP/HTTP binding will constrain it to synchronous
request response. That is the response message is delivered in the same
HTTP connection  as the request.

If I want the same operation to have an async request/reply MEP (using a
SOAP/HTTP binding) then i suspect i need to define a callback interface
and associated operation for the SetupStartResponse message.

Id this correct?

cheers
</jima>