Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/07/06 09:46:26 UTC

Build error in Velocity....

Hi:

I just downloaded the lastest change in the CVS. After a build clean I got:

/cocoon-2.1/src/scratchpad/src/org/apache/cocoon/generation/FlowVelocityGenerator.java:85:
package org.apache.velocity does not exist
import org.apache.velocity.VelocityContext;

Then a build failed.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Build error in Velocity....

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>>

>>> This is because the scratchpad build doesn't depend on the block build.
>>> There were duplicate jars that Carsten removed. Either we need to put
>>> them back or we need to figure out how to make scratchpad depend
>>> on blocks.
>>>

>> Yes, I haven't noticed that the scratchpad used this lib (eclipse
>> compiles
>> anyway). Sorry.
>>
>> But duplicated jars are not only waste of disk spaces and band width but
>> also they can become a night mare. Thing about having two different
>> versions
>> in scratchpad and the velocity block. Which version will be used
>> later on
>> in your webapp?
>>
> True, but this is only scratchpad code. The problem is that there is
> no easy way to experiment with extending or modifying blocks in the
> scratchpad, because blocks are available to the scratchpad build.

Of course, I meant to say "blocks are _not_ available to the scratchpad
build".

Re: Build error in Velocity....

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

RE: Build error in Velocity....