Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by "Goel, Ankur" <An...@corp.aol.com> on 2008/04/01 10:00:39 UTC

RE: SoC proposal

Hi All,
       I've been gone for time but don't count me out ;-).
As for the status, I finally have some cycles to work on
enhancing it.

I have started re-writing it to make it more generic.
At the moment its specific to google news personalization use case
(See Javadoc comments in the code for details).

The serial version will use hill-climbing to improve upon the
estimates drawn on previous iteration.

Hope to re-submit the new patch in next couple of days.

-Ankur