Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by EXP <ex...@3dwars.de> on 2001/10/05 22:51:49 UTC

backticks in mod_perl

Hi

Simple question, it seems that the backticks won't work as expected in
mod_perl scripts.
Is there some module like Apache::SubProcess to read the output of a
command into an array?
(my @out = `command`;)
I am sure the answer is somewhere out there, but I couldn't find it.
thx.

BYe!
EXP

3DWARS.de - Your resource for 3Dimensional Warfare
   http://www.3DWARS.de

PS: Big Brother IS Watching You!

Re: backticks in mod_perl

Posted by Brian Reichert <re...@numachi.com>.
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 10:51:49PM +0200, EXP wrote:
> Hi
>
> Simple question, it seems that the backticks won't work as expected in
> mod_perl scripts.

'As expected'?  What does that mean?

> Is there some module like Apache::SubProcess to read the output of a
> command into an array?

What's wrong with system(), and doing a split on $/, or the like?

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<re...@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842