Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Förster <T....@lit.lineas.de> on 2001/05/21 09:54:05 UTC

How to assign contents of a tag to a Java-variable?

Hi!

I need to assign the "contents" of a tag to a local Java-variable.
Let's say I have an attribute like

<app:attribute name="userName"/>

I want to define a variable which gets the value of this attribute.

<% String user = "???value of the attribute???"; %>

How can I do this?

Thomas

Re: How to assign contents of a tag to a Java-variable?

Posted by kejong <ke...@framfab.nl>.
hi, you can do 2 things

1: use the pageContext in you tag to set the value in you session of page