Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steve Bosman <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/05 10:38:39 UTC

Problem with URL encoding/decoding of UTF-8 characters

The application I am working on has some frameset stuff (which I
personally hate, but some things you are forced to live with),
occasionally frames within the frameset are set with parameters in the
URL which is output using html:rewrite (normally as the result of
failed actions). If a parameter has UTF-8 characters, e.g. 5-апр-2005
this is encoded as this:

/webimpact/progress/obtainCopyTuFund.do?authorisedDate=5-%D0%B0%D0%BF%D1%80-2005

By the time the date arrives in my ActionForm the value is now 5-апÑ?-2005.
This application is running on tomcat 5.0.28 and what I would like to
know is: is this a struts problem, a tomcat problem or (possibly the
most likely) my problem and if so what should I be doing to fix it?

thanks for any help,

Steve Bosman

Re: Problem with URL encoding/decoding of UTF-8 characters

Posted by Steve Bosman <st...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 5, 2005 9:38 AM, Steve Bosman <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The application I am working on has some frameset stuff (which I
> personally hate, but some things you are forced to live with),
> occasionally frames within the frameset are set with parameters in the
> URL which is output using html:rewrite (normally as the result of
> failed actions). If a parameter has UTF-8 characters, e.g. 5-апр-2005
> this is encoded as this:
>
> /webimpact/progress/obtainCopyTuFund.do?authorisedDate=5-%D0%B0%D0%BF%D1%80-2005
>
> By the time the date arrives in my ActionForm the value is now 5-апÑ?-2005.
> This application is running on tomcat 5.0.28 and what I would like to
> know is: is this a struts problem, a tomcat problem or (possibly the
> most likely) my problem and if so what should I be doing to fix it?

just realised I forgot to say we are using Struts 1.1

again thanks for any help,

Steve Bosman