Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Brian Lalor <bl...@bravo5.org> on 2003/11/01 16:01:18 UTC

Pluto for writing WebSphere Portal v5 portlets?

Good morning, all.  I'm working with WebSphere Portal Server version
5.0 (ack, a dot-zero!) and WSAD with the PortalToolkit environment
under XP (ack, again).  I'd really like to develop under a
standards-compliant environment, rather than one that will likely force
me to use vendor-supplied extensions (ie. proprietary APIs).  This may
be a completely unrealistic goal at this point; I'm not sure if WPS5 is
JSR-168 compliant or not.  However, I would like to explore the JSR-168
spec more thoroughly to better learn what I'm working with and where
the spec's going.

Does anyone have any insight into how WPS lines up with Jetspeed and/or
Pluto?

    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor@bravo5.org