Posted to users-de@httpd.apache.org by An...@adress-research.de on 2004/02/12 16:09:13 UTC

dynamic document root

Hi,

is it possible to have dynamic document root's?
we've several ServerAlias and each Alias should link to an other document
root.

like:

<VirtualHost *>
   DocumentRoot f:/<dynamic>/www/root
   ServerAlias test.<dynamic>
</VirtualHost>

at the moment we had to change the conf-files and restart the apache server
each time if we want to test an special revision (branch) from cvs.

Thx
Andre

Re: dynamic document root

Posted by Max Dittrich <Ma...@t-online.de>.
Andre.Steffens@adress-research.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to have dynamic document root's?
> we've several ServerAlias and each Alias should link to an other document
> root.
>
> like:
>
> <VirtualHost *>
>    DocumentRoot f:/<dynamic>/www/root
>    ServerAlias test.<dynamic>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> at the moment we had to change the conf-files and restart the apache server
> each time if we want to test an special revision (branch) from cvs.

Du könntest etwas ähnliches erreichen, wenn Du mod_vhost_alias in
Verbindung mit einem CatchAll DNS-Eintrag verwendest.

gruss,
.max

Re: dynamic document root

Posted by Astrid Keßler <ke...@kess-net.de>.
Hi Andre,

> is it possible to have dynamic document root's?
> we've several ServerAlias and each Alias should link to an other document
> root.

> like:

> <VirtualHost *>
>    DocumentRoot f:/<dynamic>/www/root