Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Ben Kim <bk...@coe.tamu.edu> on 2005/02/05 00:20:19 UTC

'apr.h' no such file

I wonder what is the simplest way to install Embperl on Fedora Core 1. The
httpd is a snap with rpm but then, installation of embperl fails since
there's no 'apr.h' in apache source directory. (I installed httpd source
rpm and gave /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd-... directory) A similar
question was asked in May 2003 but I couldn't find an answer.

http://www2.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2003-05/msg00021.html

Does everyone ignore the redhat's httpd rpm and build from
apache/mod_perl/embperl sources? Is there a way to ride on redhat's httpd
rpm? Sometimes this task (configuring embperl) is expected to be "easy"
but I've been constantly finding it time consuming.

If I build from the redhat source rpm, it does not seem to build the same
structure as from binary rpm.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Ben Kim
Database Developer/Systems Administrator
434E Harrington Tower / College of Education
Texas A&M University

RE: 'apr.h' no such file

Posted by Ben Kim <bk...@coe.tamu.edu>.
Thanks for pointing to the right direction. I got source tarball from
httpd.apache.org directly and it was fairly easy now.

I was using httpd-2.0.50. I guess the problem was httpd-2.0.50.src.rpm was
not suitable for this purpose.

Giving "include" directory didn't make a difference.
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd-2.0.50
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd-2.0.50/include

In fact, there's no apr.h under the whole
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd-2.0.50.

# wget http://apache.secsup.org/dist/httpd/binaries/linux/httpd-2.0.50-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
# find . -name 'apr.h'
./srclib/apr/include/apr.h
./bindist/include/apr.h

I gave /root/httpd-2.0.50/bindist and the install went OK.

I'm glad I found an easier way. Thanks again.

RE: 'apr.h' no such file

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I wonder what is the simplest way to install Embperl on
> Fedora Core 1. The httpd is a snap with rpm but then,
> installation of embperl fails since there's no 'apr.h' in
> apache source directory. (I installed httpd source rpm and
> gave /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/httpd-... directory) A similar
> question was asked in May 2003 but I couldn't find an answer.

Does it make any changes if you give the include directory of the Apache
installation directory as source (e.g. you installed under
/usr/local/apache, the give /usr/local/apache/include) as source?

Gerald

P.S. Which Apache Version you are using?