Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/12/04 18:33:55 UTC

TranQL connector for MySQL (Local and XA)

Guglielmo

You said you had issues contributing the MCF that you wrote so I took a
swag at implementing a connector independently. I added a new vendor
module to TranQL which builds against today's 3.2.0-alpha download but I
have not tested that it works (not having a MySQL database to hand).

You can get the code from TranQL CVS under vendors/mysql

You will need a download/build of Connector/J and may need to tweak the
project.xml in common to match the version. As with the other
connectors, the driver does not get bundled in the RAR.

If you could test this against your configuration and let me know of any
issues I would appreciate it.

Thanks
--
Jeremy

Re: TranQL connector for MySQL (Local and XA)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Cool!  Can we make sure this gets into the Geronimo 1.0 release, along
with the other non-Derby XA drivers?  I'm still not clear on whether
we're including those in the TranQL builds we're doing or not, but as
of today, my repository/tranql/rars only contains:

tranql-connector-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar
tranql-connector-derby-client-local-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar
tranql-connector-derby-client-xa-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar
tranql-connector-derby-embed-local-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar
tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar

And I'm hoping to see Oracle, DB2, and MySQL connector RARs in there too.

Thanks,
    Aaron