Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/12 03:39:38 UTC

0.7 CLI w/TSocket

"org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in
readMessageBegin, old client?"

Is the CLI not supported when using TSocket? I don't believe this was
the same in 0.6.

Can someone explain the differences between TFramedTransport vs TSocket.
I tried searching but I couldn't find much information on either one. Thanks

Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/10 7:09 AM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> [...]
>> "thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb:"
>>
>> cluster_name: MyCluster
>> auto_bootstrap: true
>> hinted_handoff_enabled: true
>> authenticator: org.apache.cassandra.auth.AllowAllAuthenticator
>> partitioner: org.apache.cassandra.dht.RandomPartitioner
>> data_file_directories:
>>     - /var/lib/cassandra/data
>> seeds:
>>     - localhost
>> disk_access_mode: mmap_index_only
>> concurrent_reads: 8
>> concurrent_writes: 32
>> sliced_buffer_size_in_kb: 64
>> storage_port: 7000
>> listen_address: localhost
>> rpc_address: localhost
>> rpc_port: 9160
>> thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb: 15
>> thrift_max_message_length_in_mb: 16
>> snapshot_before_compaction: false
>> binary_memtable_throughput_in_mb: 256
>> memtable_flush_after_mins: 60
>> memtable_throughput_in_mb: 64
>> memtable_operations_in_millions: 0.3
>> column_index_size_in_kb: 64
>> in_memory_compaction_limit_in_mb: 64
>> commitlog_directory: /var/lib/cassandra/commitlog
>> commitlog_rotation_threshold_in_mb: 128
>> commitlog_sync: periodic
>> commitlog_sync_period_in_ms: 10000
>> rpc_timeout_in_ms: 10000
>> endpoint_snitch: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSnitch
>> dynamic_snitch: true
>> request_scheduler: org.apache.cassandra.scheduler.NoScheduler
>> request_scheduler_id: keyspace
>> keyspaces:
>>     - name: MyKeyspace
>>       replica_placement_strategy:
>> org.apache.cassandra.locator.RackUnawareStrategy
>>       replication_factor: 1
>>       column_families:
>>         - name: Foo
>>           compare_with: BytesType
>>
>> If I change "thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb" back to the default value
>> of 15 then the CLI will work, otherwise I receiving the following error
>> messages:
>>
>> CLI
>> $ bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost --port 9160
>> Exception retrieving information about the cassandra node, check you have
>> connected to the thrift port.
>> Welcome to cassandra CLI.
>>
>> Cassandra
>> ERROR 22:12:06,235 Thrift error occurred during processing of message.
>> org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in
>> readMessageBegin, old client?
>>     at
>> org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:211)
>>     at
>> org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:2487)
>>     at
>> org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:167)
>>     at
>>     at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

Im a dumb-ass. Didn't even realize that was an option. Thanks

Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
On 8/12/10 10:20 PM, Mark wrote:
> [...]
> following error messages:
>
> CLI
> $ bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost --port 9160
> Exception retrieving information about the cassandra node, check you
> have connected to the thrift port.
> Welcome to cassandra CLI.
>
> Cassandra
> ERROR 22:12:06,235 Thrift error occurred during processing of message.
> org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Missing version in
> readMessageBegin, old client?
>     at
> org.apache.thrift.protocol.TBinaryProtocol.readMessageBegin(TBinaryProtocol.java:211)
>
>     at
> org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Processor.process(Cassandra.java:2487)
>
>     at
> org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CustomTThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(CustomTThreadPoolServer.java:167)

Just realized what I cut & pasted above was after I switched
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb back to 15. When I set it to 0 I get
the above errors.

Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.7 CLI w/TSocket