Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org> on 2007/11/19 10:22:40 UTC

comments in menu2xslt.xsl

Hi

I'm about to fix the ie6 quirksmode layout glitches using a separate
stylesheet (inserted using conditional comments).

When I insert a comment in menu2xslt.xsl it is eaten up (by the xslt
processor?).
I tried both <!-- test --> and <xsl:comment>test</xsl:comment>.

Any pointers how to solve this problem are wellcome.

Jürgen

null-oder-eins GmbH Zürich
web & graphic design

www.null-oder-eins.ch

ragaller@apache.org
Skype: callto://ragaller

Re: comments in menu2xslt.xsl

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas

Am 19.11.2007 um 11:15 schrieb Andreas Hartmann:

> Jürgen Ragaller schrieb:
>> Hi
>> I'm about to fix the ie6 quirksmode layout glitches using a
>> separate stylesheet (inserted using conditional comments).
>> When I insert a comment in menu2xslt.xsl it is eaten up (by the
>> xslt processor?).
>
> in menu2xslt.xsl you have to write
>
>  <xso:comment>test</xso:comment>

Thanks a lot - works!

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jürgen,

Jürgen Ragaller schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I'm about to fix the ie6 quirksmode layout glitches using a separate
> stylesheet (inserted using conditional comments).
>
> When I insert a comment in menu2xslt.xsl it is eaten up (by the xslt
> processor?).

in menu2xslt.xsl you have to write

   <xso:comment>test</xso:comment>

so that the comment is inserted by the generated stylesheet rather than
by the menu2xslt.xsl stylesheet itself. Otherwise the comment wouldn't
cause any effect when the generated stylesheet is applied.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: comments in menu2xslt.xsl

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm about to fix the ie6 quirksmode layout glitches using a separate
> stylesheet (inserted using conditional comments).
>
> When I insert a comment in menu2xslt.xsl it is eaten up (by the xslt
> processor?).
> I tried both <!-- test --> and <xsl:comment>test</xsl:comment>.
>
> Any pointers how to solve this problem are wellcome.
>
> Jürgen

check that the identity transform in the relevant xslt checks for
"node()|@*" rather than "*|text()|@*". iirc node() includes comment
nodes. if not, just add |comment().

hth,

jörn