Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> on 2013/07/11 22:04:23 UTC

Jclouds dependancies

Hi,

Shall we bring dependency directory to the code base. We need a place to
have followings,

org.jclouds.api:openstack-nova:jar:1.5.0-beta.5.wso2v1,
org.jclouds.api:openstack-keystone:jar:1.5.0-beta.5.wso2v1,
org.jclouds.api:openstack-nova:jar:1.5.0-beta.5.wso2v1

Thanks.

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Software Engineer,
Platform Technologies,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

email: lahirus@wso2.com cell: (+94) 773 325 954
blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/lahirus

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
I think the mentioned jars are OSGI bundles. If I'm correct only a pom will
be added for each jar and this pom will re-package the jclouds jar in to an
OSGI bundle.

Thanks,
Supun..

--
Supun Kamburugamuva
E-mail: supun06@gmail.com;  Mobile: +1 812 369 6762

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
In fact, it is not only what i mentioned, there are several such components
from Jclouds.

Thanks.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:28 AM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Don't we have these jars deployed to the nexus repo ?!
>
> Not yet. I also think this would be good enough until we move to Apache Jclouds. We have to do that fast to get the build stable.
> I'll look into it.
> Also our patches are not given to Jclouds yet. We need to figure that out before we move to Apache Jclouds.

Its fine to get the build stable by adding a 3rd-party repo, but its highly recommended to rely entirely on maven central for all dependencies. As you all might know any open source jars can be published to maven central through the sonatype OSS repo - https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

Suresh

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Shariq Muhammed <sh...@wso2.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
On Jul 12, 2013, at 1:49 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> wrote:
> AFAIK those changes already fixed in newest version of jcloud. Anyway we need to go to jcloud apache version after our build stable.
> +1. We shouldn't maintain any source, which doesn't belong to apache stratos. If we have an OSGi requirement,(if we need bundles) we better ask it from the jclouds community as well...
>
> jclouds stuff are already OSGi bundles, we did few code modifications to tackle some issues, hence we created our own dependency. As we were in a hurry, we couldn't contribute to the jclouds, but now the time has come to contribute the fixes back to jclouds.
>
> All the fixes we did, are not there in the latest jclouds (eg: vCloud Director 1.5 support etc.).

@Nirmal, I have seen you hang around in jclouds lists, so it will be good to get these additions to the trunk so they can be considered before for the 1.7 release.

Suresh

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Jul 11, 2013, at 4:22 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What we have is complete source which is customized.
>
> Orthogonal to this discussion, can you guys engage with jclouds community and contribute back to JClouds next release?

Yes - I am sure they would be happy to get patches from you.

--David

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi all,

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Are these any customizations to the standard jclouds dependencies? Can
> these be switched over to the recent release of jclouds? -
> http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Cg%3A%22org.apache.jclouds%22

I think yes. Nirmal did some?
Currently we use Jclouds state which it before moving to Apache. We can
update it to the Apache version. But until we get the code base building we
should go with current versions(whatever we have).

We will definitely have to go to Apache version after that.

Thanks.

Re: Jclouds dependancies

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.