Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ma...@seznam.cz on 2002/10/05 22:39:49 UTC

perl5/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h small "fix", dont know where to send it

Hi All,
just started to play with perl2 + apache2 and after getting borred with
warnings about redefinition of macro VOIDINFO, I've putted there #ifndef - I
don't know how to make patch files, but if any maintainer reads this, can
you please add following to perl5/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h ?

#ifndef VOIDUSED
#define VOIDUSED 1
#endif
thanks,

Re: perl5/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h small "fix", dont know where to send it

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Martin.Abrle@seznam.cz wrote:
> Hi All,
> just started to play with perl2 + apache2 and after getting borred with
> warnings about redefinition of macro VOIDINFO, I've putted there #ifndef - I
> don't know how to make patch files, but if any maintainer reads this, can
> you please add following to perl5/i386-linux/CORE/perl.h ?
>
> #ifndef VOIDUSED
> #define VOIDUSED 1
> #endif

Martin, please always specify the version of the sw you are talking
about? How are we supposed to guess which perl version you are talking
about?

In any case, this warning has been solved in perl 5.8.0 and you will
still see it with 5.6.1. The problem with fixing 5.6.1 is that its
successor 5.6.2 may be released or not at an unknown date.