Posted to user@spark.apache.org by adam kramer <ad...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/27 22:04:12 UTC

Spark 2.0 with Hadoop 3.0?

Is the version of Spark built for Hadoop 2.7 and later only for 2.x releases?

Is there any reason why Hadoop 3.0 is a non-starter for use with Spark
2.0? The version of aws-sdk in 3.0 actually works for DynamoDB which
would resolve our driver dependency issues.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Spark 2.0 with Hadoop 3.0?

Posted by adam kramer <ad...@gmail.com>.
The version problems are related to using hadoop-aws-2.7.3 alongside
aws-sdk-1.7.4  in hadoop-2.7.3 where DynamoDb functionality is limited
(it may not even operate with deployed versions of the service). I've
stripped out usage of DynamoDB from the driver program in the meantime
(using it in a calling program which reads standard output instead).

I believe anything in 1.10.x sdk should be fine including 1.10.6
included in 2.0-alpha1 release (we were using 1.10.31 elsewhere), so I
don't think the 10.10+ patch is necessary if we try hadoop-3. I'll let
you if we end up patching and testing anything from trunk to get it
working.

Re: Spark 2.0 with Hadoop 3.0?

Re: Spark 2.0 with Hadoop 3.0?

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.
Worked for me 2 weeks ago with a 3.0.0-alpha2 snapshot. Just changed
hadoop.version while building.

Re: Spark 2.0 with Hadoop 3.0?

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.