Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2010/07/21 13:55:38 UTC

[Studio] Addition of a 'common.core' plugin to centralize non UI-related shared code

Hi dev,

This is just to inform you, now that we're moving toward a 2.0 release, that I will be creating a new plugin called 'common.core' (to complement the already existing 'common.ui' plugin) in which I will move all core (not related to UI stuff) classes shared by the majority of our plugins.

There are a number of things that can be moved to this new plugin, especially classes dedicated to Eclipse Job and Progress Monitor.

I'm also going to move some of the shared UI classes in the 'common.ui' plugin too, like the BaseWidgetUtils class and more...

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: [Studio] Addition of a 'common.core' plugin to centralize non UI-related shared code

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
The project has been created and I will move classes in it while I refactor and work on the LDAP Servers plugin.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: [Studio] Addition of a 'common.core' plugin to centralize non UI-related shared code

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> wrote:
> This is just to inform you, now that we're moving toward a 2.0 release, that I will be creating a new plugin called 'common.core' (to complement the already existing 'common.ui' plugin) in which I will move all core (not related to UI stuff) classes shared by the majority of our plugins.
>
> There are a number of things that can be moved to this new plugin, especially classes dedicated to Eclipse Job and Progress Monitor.

I agree to create a new commons.core plugin.

> I'm also going to move some of the shared UI classes in the 'common.ui' plugin too, like the BaseWidgetUtils class and more...

+1

Kind Regards,
Stefan