Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by qw...@yahoo.fr on 2004/03/15 06:46:00 UTC

Internal Servlet Error using Taglibs-image on Tomcat 3.2.3 and j2sdk1.4.1_06

Hi !

I installed the image-examples under webapps in Tomcat v3.2.3 using
j2sdk1.4.1_06 and I when I run http://myserver/image-examples/index.jsp I
get an Internal Servlet Error with a root cause:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL()Ljava/lang/StringBuffer
;

I think the problem is with the servlet.jar that comes with tomcat 3.2.3.

I made a quick search in google and I found that someone suggested to
replace all methods
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL() with
javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)
http://mail.sourceid.org/pipermail/sso-users/2003-May/000119.html

I don't know if this will work if I do this in taglibs-source code, but is
there any work around already available without the need to upgrade my
tomcat webserver or JDK to a newer version?

thank you for your help.

RE: Internal Servlet Error using Taglibs-image on Tomcat 3.2.3 and j2sdk1.4.1_06

Posted by qw...@yahoo.fr.
yes

CLASSPATH=...:$TOMCAT_HOME/lib/servlet.jar:...

export ... CLASSPATH ...

Do you have the servlet.jar in your classpath?

Cheers,
Gaurav
http://gallery.mastergaurav.net/

> I installed the image-examples under webapps in Tomcat v3.2.3 using
> j2sdk1.4.1_06 and I when I run http://myserver/image-examples/index.jsp I
> get an Internal Servlet Error with a root cause:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL()Ljava/lang/StringBuffer
> ;
>
> I think the problem is with the servlet.jar that comes with tomcat 3.2.3.
>
> I made a quick search in google and I found that someone suggested to
> replace all methods
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL() with
> javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)
> http://mail.sourceid.org/pipermail/sso-users/2003-May/000119.html
>
> I don't know if this will work if I do this in taglibs-source code, but is
> there any work around already available without the need to upgrade my
> tomcat webserver or JDK to a newer version?
>
> thank you for your help.

Re: Internal Servlet Error using Taglibs-image on Tomcat 3.2.3 and j2sdk1.4.1_06

> I installed the image-examples under webapps in Tomcat v3.2.3 using
> j2sdk1.4.1_06 and I when I run http://myserver/image-examples/index.jsp I
> get an Internal Servlet Error with a root cause:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL()Ljava/lang/StringBuffer
> ;
>
> I think the problem is with the servlet.jar that comes with tomcat 3.2.3.
>
> I made a quick search in google and I found that someone suggested to
> replace all methods
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL() with
> javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request)
> http://mail.sourceid.org/pipermail/sso-users/2003-May/000119.html
>
> I don't know if this will work if I do this in taglibs-source code, but is
> there any work around already available without the need to upgrade my
> tomcat webserver or JDK to a newer version?
>
> thank you for your help.

RE: Internal Servlet Error using Taglibs-image on Tomcat 3.2.3 andj2sdk1.4.1_06

Posted by qw...@yahoo.fr.
thank you guys for your time.

I'll try to upgrade to Tomcat 4 or 5.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.