Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Maximilian Alber <al...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/09 11:21:37 UTC

It is currently not supported to union between dynamic and static path in an iteration.

Hi flinksters,

I'm really close to the end (at least I hope so), but I still have some
issues.
Writing my final loop I got this error:

org.apache.flink.compiler.CompilerException: An error occurred while
translating the optimized plan to a nephele JobGraph: An error occurred
while translating the optimized plan to a nephele JobGraph: Error: It is
currently not supported to union between dynamic and static path in an
iteration.
at
org.apache.flink.compiler.plantranslate.NepheleJobGraphGenerator.postVisit(NepheleJobGraphGenerator.java:567)
at
org.apache.flink.compiler.plantranslate.NepheleJobGraphGenerator.postVisit(NepheleJobGraphGenerator.java:96)
at
org.apache.flink.compiler.plan.SingleInputPlanNode.accept(SingleInputPlanNode.java:202)
at
org.apache.flink.compiler.plan.SingleInputPlanNode.accept(SingleInputPlanNode.java:196)
at
org.apache.flink.compiler.plan.SingleInputPlanNode.accept(SingleInputPlanNode.java:196)

I guess that I should use just the loop step set to create the next step
set?

Here is the code:

def createPlanFullIterations(env: ExecutionEnvironment) = {
   val tmp = env readTextFile config.inFile map
{Vector.parseFromSVMLightString (config.dimensions, _)}
   val X = tmp map {_._1}
   var residual = tmp map {_._2}
   val randoms = env readTextFile config.randomFile map
{Vector.parseFromString(_)}
   val widthCandidates: DataSet[Vector] = if(config.widthCandidatesFile !=
null)
     env readTextFile config.widthCandidatesFile map
{Vector.parseFromString(config.dimensions, _)}
   else
      null

   val emptyDataSet = env.fromCollection[Vector](Seq())
   val model = emptyDataSet.iterate(config.iterations){
     stepSet =>
     val center = calcCenter(env, X, residual, randoms, -1)

     val x = calcWidthHeight(env, X, residual, widthCandidates, center)
     val width = x._1
     val height = x._2

     residual = residual - (getKernelVector(X, center, width).map(new
RichMapFunction[Vector, Vector]{
       var height: Vector = null
       override def open(config: Configuration) = {
         height =
getRuntimeContext.getBroadcastVariable("height").toList.head
       }
       def map(x: Vector) = {x * height}
       }).withBroadcastSet(height, "height"))

     val centerOut = center map {x => new Vector(0, x.values)}
     val widthOut = width map {x => new Vector(1, x.values)}
     val heightOut = height map {x => new Vector(2, x.values)}
     val stepModel = centerOut union widthOut union height

     stepSet union (stepModel.map(new RichMapFunction[Vector, Vector]{
     def map(x: Vector) = new
Vector((getIterationRuntimeContext.getSuperstepNumber-1)*3+x.id, x.values)
     }))
    }

    model map { _ toString } writeAsText config.outFile
}

thanks!
Cheers,
Max

Re: It is currently not supported to union between dynamic and static path in an iteration.

Posted by Maximilian Alber <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi!