Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/04 14:40:29 UTC

Re: nifi 1.4 - variables

Hello,

You can use them in any fields that support expression language, just
like variables in a properties file
(nifi.variable.registry.properties= in nifi.properties) or system
properties in bootstrap.conf.

In the properties file approach you had to restart NiFi for any
changes in the properties to be picked up.

In the new approach you no longer need to restart anything yourself,
it will be handled for you.

-Bryan

Re: nifi 1.4 - variables

Posted by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com>.
Can't say which is more useful--registry or variables, but I'm delighted
to have both now. The registry was already a huge step toward solving
problems of this sort. These variables are also very, very welcome! I
love the scope semantic that comes along with them.

--what Uwe said about NiFi. NiFi just rocks!

Re: Re: nifi 1.4 - variables

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!