Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/08/06 16:52:15 UTC

Upgrading Tuscany SDO to EMF 2.5

Some people in my team would like to use the Eclipse OCL parser to
evaluate expressions on SDO objects, but the OCL parser requires EMF 2.5.
We've started migrating Tuscany SDO to that version and should be able to
pass all the JUnit tests soon. Would it be OK to make an SDO release with
EMF 2.5?

--
Florian Pinel

Re: Upgrading Tuscany SDO to EMF 2.5

Posted by Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com>.
Done:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3679

--
Florian Pinel
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

ant elder <an...@gmail.com>
09/15/2010 04:04 PM
Please respond to
dev@tuscany.apache.org

dev@tuscany.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Upgrading Tuscany SDO to EMF 2.5

OK nice work, if you raise a jira [1] and attach the workspace as a zip we
can look at getting it committed into a branch and even out in a release.
If multiple people have worked on it their names need to be made clear in
the jira, if there are significantly large code changes we may need to get
a code grant for the code but lets consider that once we can see the size
of the changes, probably its not so large and we can just create the
branch directly.

   ...ant

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Thanks to Elio Damaggio's help, we now have a workspace with SDO and EMF
2.5 that passes all the unit tests.
Back in early August we were talking about starting a new branch. Can
someone let me know how to proceed?
Ant, Elio told me that it would be extremely hard, if at all possible, to
have SDO work with both old and new EMF versions.

Thanks!

--
Florian Pinel
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Tie line: 863-7346
Ext. phone: 914-784-7346

ant elder <an...@gmail.com>
08/07/2010 03:08 AM

Please respond to
dev@tuscany.apache.org

dev@tuscany.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Upgrading Tuscany SDO to EMF 2.5

Wouldn't it be possible to have the existing trunk code work with both
old and newer EMF versions? I can't find emf 2.5 in a maven repo to
try (does anyone know of one?) but trying to make sdo tolerant of
different emf versions seems like a user friendly approach.

  ...ant

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.