Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com> on 2007/09/25 06:07:04 UTC

Re: svn commit: r579015 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/extensions/json: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONServlet.java src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONUtil.java src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONWriter.java

jmsnell@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Mon Sep 24 16:13:02 2007
> New Revision: 579015

> Log:
> Reworking of the JSONWriter.  This provides a more complete Atom-to-JSON conversion that includes extensions, support for atom:feed, app:service, etc.  This should be considered to be a work in progress rewrite.
>
> Oh, and this gets rid of the dependence on the third party json.jar.  There is one method in the new JSONUtil class that was taken from the json.jar.  I will be rewriting that method soon.  We should be able to completely drop that jar from the dist.

Could be overkill, but there is a new comer to JSON & Java: Jackson
(written by Tatu who wrote woodstox):

http://www.cowtowncoder.com/hatchery/jackson/index.html
http://www.cowtowncoder.com/blog/archives/2007/09/entry_47.html

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
*If* we ever get into parsing JSON, looking at a library like this would
make sense. As it stands now, all we're doing is serializing, which
turns out to be quite simple.  For that, a library is really not needed.

- James