Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/08/24 16:01:45 UTC

Re: New Website Branch Created

Hi All

Kenneth sent me some updated images and code for the slider on the new home page, so I've committed all the changes. I also took another look through and fixed a few typos, links etc that I think we don't need for the first version.

For the demos – I've changed the default application from accounting to order manager. My thought is that most people would know the main steps involved in creating an order. (But am happy to go with what the community agrees on – parties, products whatever...).

So if people want to give this a final review, I think we could be ready to do the changeover to the new site. I'm not sure exactly how it needs to be done so would need some help and advice there :-)

You can see the latest version of the website here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ofbiz/branches/ofbiz-new-website/index.html

Let me know if there are any final changes / tweaks etc. And thanks again to everyone (and especially Kenneth) for help getting us to this stage.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
The pictures are lovely. The website is looking refined and the menu is
logical and makes sense. It looks great both on my mobile and my laptop. I
tested it with both chrome and firefox.

+1 for replacement. For any minor changes we can always improve later.

Once it is published, I can start working on adding gradle to automate
publishing and maybe later change the underlying templates to FreeMarker.

Thank you for this work, it's a breath of fresh air and a big marketing
boost to OFBiz.