Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gustavo Rodríguez <gu...@innosec.es> on 2003/05/08 16:35:27 UTC

Socket connect timeout

    Hi, we're using your FTP client API and would like to use the new JDK1.4 connect timeout method. We've seen in your source code that sockets are created in the factory by calling the constructor with host, port, so that the timeout specified on socketclient.setDefaultTimeout() is only used for read timeout (socket.setSoTimeout()), and not in connect-time (socket.setDefaultTimeout()). Is there any new release implementing timeout at connect-time, or are you planning to deliver it? Is there any other way to specify a connection time out?
    Thanks in advance.