Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Guillaume Barreau <gu...@im.ufba.br> on 2005/04/11 18:26:20 UTC

problem at step 1 running forrest

Hi Forrest people,

When I run forrest on my test site I get the following error messages
and the execution stops. Can someone point me to what I am doing wrong.
I have checked that org/apache/log/Hierarchy is present in
/lib/core/logkit.jar but somehow it doesn't seem to be found.

Any help appreciated,

Guillaume

cocoon 2.2.0-dev
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.

         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.store.impl.JCSDefaultStore.initialize(JCSDefaultStore.java:177)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(DefaultComponentFactory.java:277)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:108)
         at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:522)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.components.container.CocoonComponentManager.initialize(CocoonComponentManager.java:132)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:307)
         at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(ContainerUtil.java:283)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:154)
         at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
         at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:532)
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:272)
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:246)
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
         at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.<clinit>(CompositeCacheManager.java:45)
         ... 12 more
         at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
         at
         at
         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:525)
         ... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log/Hierarchy
         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogKitLogger.<init>(LogKitLogger.java:104)
         ... 21 more

Re: problem at step 1 running forrest

Posted by Guillaume Barreau <gu...@im.ufba.br>.
Hi Folks,

I just found out what my problem was. I had a conflicting version of
commons-logging.jar in my jdk/jre/lib/ext folder. When I removed it, it
started working.

Thanks,

Guillaume

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.