Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 19:33:52 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.6, ready to be voted upon.

The source and source downloads are uploaded to:

http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/

and the Maven artifacts staged to:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-113/

Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.6, is ready.

I've also created a 5.3.6 tag in Git:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=5c777afe5a99399290de8f7b56d69ca5e46c7e67

Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these directories
to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.

** Bug
    * [TAP5-986] - A request can fail with an NPE in some cases, when
a Tapestry page is acting as the servlet container error page
    * [TAP5-1735] - Most packages lack package-level javadocs
    * [TAP5-1903] - Client-side exception when a Zone containing a
Form with an Upload component is re-rendered
    * [TAP5-2008] - Serialized object data stored on the client should
be HMAC signed and validated
    * [TAP5-2009] - Downgrade bundled Prototype version back to 1.7
    * [TAP5-2010] - Broken links in Javadoc pages

** Improvement
    * [TAP5-1996] - Add Severity.SUCCESS enum for alerts

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 Kalle Korhonen (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com>.
Kristian Marinkovic: +1 (non-binding)

works for me; even updated tapestry-jquery to 3.3.2 wihtout problems

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Lenny Primak: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
We also have the version number listed in several unnecessary places in the
docs. It isn't needed on the home page, for example.

Re: [SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

[SUCCESS] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.
Dimitris Zenios: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Taha Hafeez: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.
François Facon: +1 (non-binding)

my binaries build from sources on mac osx and windows 7
work fine with Tapestry5-portlet under Pluto and seems to resolve an
issue on Liferay 6.1.1

Thank you.

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry Gusev: +1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.6, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-113/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.6, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.3.6 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=5c777afe5a99399290de8f7b56d69ca5e46c7e67
>
> Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
> artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these
> directories
> to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.
>

> ** Bug
>     * [TAP5-986] - A request can fail with an NPE in some cases, when
> a Tapestry page is acting as the servlet container error page
>     * [TAP5-1735] - Most packages lack package-level javadocs
>     * [TAP5-1903] - Client-side exception when a Zone containing a
> Form with an Upload component is re-rendered
>     * [TAP5-2008] - Serialized object data stored on the client should
> be HMAC signed and validated
>     * [TAP5-2009] - Downgrade bundled Prototype version back to 1.7
>     * [TAP5-2010] - Broken links in Javadoc pages
>

> ** Improvement
>     * [TAP5-1996] - Add Severity.SUCCESS enum for alerts
>

> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.6, ready to be voted upon.

Massimo Lusetti: +1 (binding)

--
Massimo

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Bob Harner: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry 5.3.6

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
Igor Drobiazko: +1 (binding)

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 7:33 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.3.6, ready to be voted
> upon.
>
> The source and source downloads are uploaded to:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~hlship/tapestry-releases/
>
> and the Maven artifacts staged to:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-113/
>
> Please examine these files to determine if the new release, 5.3.6, is
> ready.
>
> I've also created a 5.3.6 tag in Git:
>

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=tapestry-5.git;a=commit;h=5c777afe5a99399290de8f7b56d69ca5e46c7e67
>
> Vote will run for three days; On a successful vote, I'll release the Maven
> artifacts, and move the source and javadoc distributions from these
> directories
> to the proper distribution directories and update the Tapestry site
> documentation, and send out appropriate notifications.
>

> ** Bug
>     * [TAP5-986] - A request can fail with an NPE in some cases, when
> a Tapestry page is acting as the servlet container error page
>     * [TAP5-1735] - Most packages lack package-level javadocs
>     * [TAP5-1903] - Client-side exception when a Zone containing a
> Form with an Upload component is re-rendered
>     * [TAP5-2008] - Serialized object data stored on the client should
> be HMAC signed and validated
>     * [TAP5-2009] - Downgrade bundled Prototype version back to 1.7
>     * [TAP5-2010] - Broken links in Javadoc pages
>

> ** Improvement
>     * [TAP5-1996] - Add Severity.SUCCESS enum for alerts
>

> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry