Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2018/08/03 16:01:17 UTC

[RELEASE] Question about download page

Hi all,

one question regarding release preparation:

Download pages now link to sha checksums rather than outdated md5
hashes. Thus, the commons-build plugin generates the corresponding links.

There are some components, however, that list multiple versions on their
download pages, e.g. the new 2.x version and an older 1.x version. For
the newly released version the sha checksum should be generated
automatically.

How is this done for the old version? Are manual steps required to
generate it? Or should the link to the checksum continue to reference
the md5 file?

Thanks
Oliver

Re: [RELEASE] Question about download page

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi Gary,

Am 03.08.2018 um 18:08 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> The old MD5 files should be gone from our dist release server and replaced
> by SHA files. I did that a month or two ago. So download pages need to be
> adjusted to point to the SHA files only.

thanks for the quick reply.

Just checked that a click on the md5 file on [lang]'s download page
gives me a 404.

But for newly released components the download pages generated
automatically will then be correct.

Regards
Oliver

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.