Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/09/13 10:48:58 UTC

Please give some feedback for reworked User Guide

Hi all,

in the last days I worked a lot on the Karaf User Guide. I adapted it to
the new command snytax and other changes in Karaf. I also tried to make
the documentation more concise and easier to read.
I have not yet proof read all details so please forgive any typos. Still
I would like to get some feedback before I commit as the changes are
pretty big.

One thing that definately needs discussion is my change to the overview
page. I think the current overview which is also at the entry page is
too big as it hides the news on smaller screens. The one line
description of karaf is also a bit confusing for people as it does not
clarify what Karaf really is compared to Felix or Equinox. I saw many
people asking if Karaf replaces Felix or Equinox. So I made the
description a bit more detailed but moved the detailed feature
description to a separate page. This also allowed to describe some more
features like Cellar and the external features like Camel. So what do
you think about this?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Please give some feedback for reworked User Guide

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
just for all not on the karaf issue list; the patch is attached here
[1]. I'll come back with feedback during the day

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1818