Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/11/20 00:07:37 UTC

[T5] Translator VS ValueEncoder

Is there much reason for Tapestry to have both?  The interfaces are
remarkably similar and even seem to be used in similar contexts.

Anyway, just something I tripped up over when I found out that Select
doesn't take a translator.

--
Kevin Menard
Servprise International, Inc.

Re: [T5] Translator VS ValueEncoder

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's a very good point; Translator really looks like a super-set of
ValueEncoder.  I don't see a reason why we couldn't eliminate
ValueEncoder and switch the code that uses it to Translator.

Please add an issue to JIRA about this.

On Nov 19, 2007 3:07 PM, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
> Is there much reason for Tapestry to have both?  The interfaces are
> remarkably similar and even seem to be used in similar contexts.
>
> Anyway, just something I tripped up over when I found out that Select
> doesn't take a translator.
>
> --
> Kevin Menard
> Servprise International, Inc.
> Remote reboot & power control for network equipment
> www.servprise.com              +1 508.892.3823 x308

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50