Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Kiran N <ki...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/28 16:50:58 UTC

Multiple reservation error

Hello All,

I have an existing Windows 2003 image which I have configured with VCL.I am
able to make 1 reservation successfully on the image on my vmguest vcl01.
But when I try to make more than one reservation, the second machine
(vcl02)boots up but I see an IP address conflict (in VI client).Hence this
machine is unable to be assigned an IP.
When seen in vcld.log I can see that sshd is not active on vcl02.

Also, I cannot see the VCL folder in the path C:\cygwin\home\root on the
vmguest machines.
Does it indicate that the files are not copied over to that machine during
image capture? Is this the problem for the issue above.

Please suggest!

Kiran

Re: Multiple reservation error

Posted by Ryan Johnson <rj...@gwmail.gwu.edu>.
You should be able to assign the public ip addresses by declaring a subnet
and including a range (the range if public IP's you wish to use) declaration
within it.  Take a look at the dhcpd.conf man pages for the exact syntax.

Posted by Kiran N <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Ryan Johnson <rj...@gwmail.gwu.edu>.