Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Si...@saaconsultants.com on 2007/09/19 12:21:42 UTC

Custom Schema - Moving from DS 1.0 to 1.5

With DS 1.0 we used OpenLdap style schema files from which we created java files using apacheds-core-plugin and maven.
Then we added them to our configuration using MutableServerStartupConfiguration.setBootstrapSchemas().

How should I generate and install our 20+ custom schema for DS 1.5?

I need to do this programmatically as we deliver DS as part of an embedded solution.

Should I use BootstrapSchemaLoader()?  Can someone point me to an example or Wiki on this?

Many Thanks

Simon Temple

Re: Custom Schema - Moving from DS 1.0 to 1.5

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

you may also want to use JNDI to inject your schema into the server.
This is explained here :

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/add-your-first-elements-to-the-schema.html#Addyourfirstelementstotheschema-UsingJNDItoaddtheschemaelementsprogrammatically

Last, not least, you may use the SchemaConverter we have created to
generate some Ldif file from your schema, and then import this ldif
file into the server. Youc an use Apache Studio to generate those ldif
files.

However, we need more documentation about this aspect. Can you fill a
JIRA asking for more doco about schema loaded into an embedded server
?

Thanks !

On 9/19/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One way to do this is to use the maven plugin to build your own bootstrap
> partition that includes a
> org/apache/directory/server/schema/bootstrap/partition/DBFILES
> and to  put that in your server instead of the supplied bootstrap partition
> jar.  An example of this approach is in my copy of triplesec, in particular
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/djencks/triplesec-jacc2/bootstrap-partition.
>  Be sure to remove the original bootstrap partition jar or the server won't
> start.
>
> There may be other ways to do this but I think this is fairly convenient for
> an embedded server.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> On Sep 19, 2007, at 6:21 AM, Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:
>
> With DS 1.0 we used OpenLdap style schema files from which we created java
> files using apacheds-core-plugin and maven.
> Then we added them to our configuration using
> MutableServerStartupConfiguration.setBootstrapSchemas().
>
> How should I generate and install our 20+ custom schema for DS 1.5?
>
> I need to do this programmatically as we deliver DS as part of an embedded
> solution.
>
> Should I use BootstrapSchemaLoader()?  Can someone point me to an example or
> Wiki on this?
>
> Many Thanks
>

> Simon Temple

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Custom Schema - Moving from DS 1.0 to 1.5

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.