Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by raymond <rg...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 15:51:44 UTC

question about console producer behavior

Hi

It appears to me that, when I have opened a console producer, it will not notice the topic’s partition change?

say I have a topic with 3 partitions. And I opened a console producer to produce data with key, then it will distribute data into 3 partitions. Then , I keep this producer open, and change the topic’s partition to e.g. 4. This producer will not distribute data into the 4th partition, while a newly created producer will.

Is this behavior expected?

Re: question about console producer behavior

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Producers will only refresh their metadata periodically if there is no
exceptions caught sending the data, you can config this period in "
topic.metadata.refresh.interval.ms" (default is 600 seconds).

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang