Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> on 2002/06/10 10:28:24 UTC

BUG? Lock-up in current CVS

I am experiencing lock-ups with the current CVS HEAD version (current as
of about Jun 10th, 08:00 UTC).

Environment: Solaris 8 SPARC, JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 4.01

I have a very simple sitemap with basically just this entry:

       <map:match pattern="">
         <map:generate src="docs/index.xml"/>
         <map:transform src="stylesheets/resl.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize/>
       </map:match>

If I start Tomcat and request the page, everything is ok. But, as soon
as I modify either the source doc, or the stylesheet, or the sitemap and
request the same page, Tomcat goes to 100% CPU usage and never replies
back. However, if I request a different URL, it is able to reply.

Has anybody else experienced the same behavior?

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it

Re: BUG? Lock-up in current CVS

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com>.
On Monday, June 10, 2002, at 12:27 PM, Jason Foster wrote:

> <snip/>
>
> Ditto on a stock version of OS/X, same Tomcat.
>
> Pretty-much the same complexity of sitemap, although mine is a
> sub-sitemap that I have under "mount".

It is still going on.

I find if I change content or an XSLT (but not SiteMap), Cocoon
hangs and requires me to kill TomCat before proceeding
(./shutdown.sh does not stop the process).

I find the current (-1 hour) HEAD almost unusable ATM.

Is it only a few of us experiencing these problems?

regards Jeremy

Re: BUG? Lock-up in current CVS

Posted by Jason Foster <ja...@uwaterloo.ca>.
<snip/>

Ditto on a stock version of OS/X, same Tomcat.

Pretty-much the same complexity of sitemap, although mine is a sub-sitemap
that I have under "mount".

Jason

Re: BUG? Lock-up in current CVS

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com>.
On Monday, June 10, 2002, at 09:28 AM, Ugo Cei wrote:

> I am experiencing lock-ups with the current CVS HEAD version
> (current as of about Jun 10th, 08:00 UTC).
>
> Environment: Solaris 8 SPARC, JDK 1.3.1, Tomcat 4.01
>
> I have a very simple sitemap with basically just this entry:
>
>       <map:match pattern="">
>         <map:generate src="docs/index.xml"/>
>         <map:transform src="stylesheets/resl.xsl"/>
>         <map:serialize/>
>       </map:match>
>
> If I start Tomcat and request the page, everything is ok. But,
> as soon as I modify either the source doc, or the stylesheet,
> or the sitemap and request the same page, Tomcat goes to 100%
> CPU usage and never replies back. However, if I request a
> different URL, it is able to reply.
>
> Has anybody else experienced the same behavior?

Yes!

Exactly this behaviour. (TomCat 4.0.4 b3, MacOSX 10.1.5, Cocoon HEAD)

Plus, I am pretty sure that the underlying architecture to
support WriteableSource stopped working mid-last week too.

I stopped work on SourceWritingTransformer as a result,
temporarily, I hope .....

regards Jeremy