Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/04 18:13:18 UTC

Important batik broken

Hi,

The current CVS tree compiles but does not work anymore. Please guys do some
test before commiting changes to the CVS tree. I will send you some SVG files
we must pass before commiting. Here is the error I get when launching the
viewer.

Attached to this email some additional examples (not added to the batik
archive) only to debug things before commiting. I have more examples for people
that want to but here are those that are important to pass each time before
commiting.

        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.GaussianBlurOp.boxFilterV(Gaussia
nBlurOp.java:518)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.GaussianBlurOp.filter(GaussianBlu
rOp.java:607)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.GaussianBlurOp.filter(GaussianBlu
rOp.java:665)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.ConcreteGaussianBlurRable.createR
endering(ConcreteGaussianBlurRable.java:218)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.ConcreteFilterResRable.createRend
ering(ConcreteFilterResRable.java:177)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.ConcretePadRable.createRendering(
ConcretePadRable.java:123)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.ConcreteFilterChainRable.createRe
ndering(ConcreteFilterChainRable.java:226)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraph
icsNode.java:375)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.ConcreteCompositeGraphicsNode.primitiveP
aint(ConcreteCompositeGraphicsNode.java:109)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.ConcreteCanvasGraphicsNode.primitivePain
t(ConcreteCanvasGraphicsNode.java:77)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraph
icsNode.java:350)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.ConcreteCompositeGraphicsNode.primitiveP
aint(ConcreteCompositeGraphicsNode.java:109)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.AbstractGraphicsNode.paint(AbstractGraph
icsNode.java:350)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.renderer.StaticRenderer.repaint(StaticRe
nderer.java:165)
        at org.apache.batik.refimpl.util.JSVGCanvas$RepaintThread.run(JSVGCanvas
.java:650)

Regards,
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/

[commit] bugfix: tspan with stroked text

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Hi:

I have committed changes to AttributedCharacterSpanIterator and
StrokingTextPainter
which allow the use of stroke attributes in tspans - so you can write

<tspan style="stroke:blue;stroke-width:1;stroke-linejoin:round;
	stroke-linecap:round;fill:none">outline text</tspan>

etc.

-Bill

Re: Important batik broken

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
I have seen this error too.  It seems only to happen with
filters, so if you press "stop" before the initial document
has loaded you can still run other SVG files.

I agree that the build seems to have been broken a lot lately.

By the way, I have not been able to reproduce your reported
problem with Ausmap.svg when the initSelectors() code in
StaticViewer is turned on...

-Bill

Important batik broken

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

TK> Attached to this email some additional examples (not added to the
TK> batik archive) only to debug things before commiting. I have more
TK> examples for people that want to but here are those that are
TK> important to pass each time before commiting.

TK> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at
TK> org.apache.batik.refimpl.gvt.filter.GaussianBlurOp.boxFilterV(Gaussia
TK> nBlurOp.java:518) at

    Ok, I'm probably the one responsible (I just checked the code
where the bug appears in).  However after running through all the
sample files I can't reproduce your problem, however the zip you sent
was missing 'test.css' (I simply touched the file to keep the
processor happy), so if the cause was in the css file someplace I
wouldn't see it.

    So what file or sequence of events caused the problem?

    Just from eyeballing the problem code, the problem isn't obvious...