Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2003/03/01 01:42:51 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server connection.c

Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>> So, everybody agrees that it should be:
>>
>> -    apr_status_t rc;
>> +    int rc;
>>
>> correct?
>

> yes!

Thanks you Jeff. I've committed the fix.

Should I update Changes for this fix as well?

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server connection.c

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Jeff Trawick wrote:

> if it changes code from prior release and it is user visible, log it;
> otherwise, probably not if you ask me unless it is something really big
> like making mod_rewrite easier to read :)

hehehe ;-) Actually a lot of things in mod_rewrite can be simplified and
implemented more efficient and I plan to do that sometimes (perhaps in a
step by step procedure). The current changes are intended to be
backportable bugfixes. But when they're done ...

nd
--
die (eval q-qq:Just Another Perl Hacker
:-)

# André Malo, <http://pub.perlig.de/> #

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server connection.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Stas Bekman wrote:

 > Jeff Trawick wrote:
 >
 > > Stas Bekman wrote:
 > >
 > >> Should I update Changes for this fix as well?
 > >

 > I was asking whether I should have also logged this last change:
 >
 >    AP_CORE_DECLARE(void) ap_process_connection(conn_rec *c, void *csd)
 >    {
 >   -    apr_status_t rc;
 >   +    int rc;
 >
 > My common sense says no, but one can't be too sure...

oh, right you are...  don't log something like that

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Should I update Changes for this fix as well?
>

> personally I would have put something like this in changes:
>
> *) Fix a segfault when a pre_connection hook fails the connection.
>    [name]

That has been added already.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.