Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Igor Petruk <Ig...@epam.com> on 2011/04/06 19:00:42 UTC

surefire-junit47 provider does not see my tests (while older one does but fails)

Hi.

I forced surefire provider in the following way

                <plugin>
                    <version>2.8</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <excludes>
                            <exclude>**/manual/**</exclude>
                        </excludes>
                    </configuration>
                      <dependencies>
                            <dependency>
                              <groupId>org.apache.maven.surefire</groupId>
                              <artifactId>surefire-junit47</artifactId>
                              <version>2.8</version>
                            </dependency>
                         </dependencies>
                </plugin>

When I run the tests it says "There are no tests to run". If I don't force the provider tests fail in a regular way with
 something like

java.lang.AbstractMethodError
    at org.springframework.test.context.TestContextManager.afterTestClass(TestContextManager.java:448)
    at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.evaluate(RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.java:77)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
    at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.run(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:180)

reported to surefire-reports (not to console)

What could be the reason of a new provider not finding the test. I use Spring 3, JUnit 4.7

Thanks

Re: surefire-junit47 provider does not see my tests (while older one does but fails)

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
I haven't looked at the code, but did you try adding "includes" to the
config and not just excludes ? If that solves the issue you should file
a jira.

Kristian