Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Matt Clark <ma...@powerupnetworks.com> on 2002/12/05 22:40:34 UTC

ClassLoader problems

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Axis, and I'm having some problems getting
the examples to work.  I'm using JDK1.4.1_01, apache 1.3.27, tomcat
3.2.3, and Axis.  When I go to happyaxis.jsp, and view the list of
deployed services, none are listed.  I then type:

------------------------------
java -cp ${CLASSPATH}:. org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
samples/userguide/example3/deploy.wsdd
------------------------------

I see:

--------------------------------
- Processing file samples/userguide/example3/deploy.wsdd
- <Admin>Done processing</Admin>
--------------------------------

When I pop into a web browser and go to
http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis/services/MyService, I get the big long stack
trace, where it tells me:

----------------------------------
Fault - org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: Could not find class for
the service named: samples.userguide.example3.MyService
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location
(which depends on the servlet system you are using).
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.generalException
faultString: Could not find class for the service named:
samples.userguide.example3.MyService
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location
(which depends on the servlet system you are using).
faultActor: null
faultDetail:

Could not find class for the service named:
samples.userguide.example3.MyService
Hint: you may need to copy your class files/tree into the right location
(which depends on the servlet system you are using).
     at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.getServiceClass(JavaProvider
.java:506)
     at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.initServiceDesc(JavaProvider
.java:535)
.
.
.

-----------------------------------

In my TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/axis/WEB_INF, I see the classes directory with
all of the compiled classes, so I figure that Tomcat's classloader
should be able to fine them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Any help will be
appreciated...

As a second question, does anyone have any opinions as to whether Axis
is ready for production systems?  I don't have any evidence either way,
so I'm interested in people's opinions...

Thanks,
Matt