Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@apache.org> on 2022/06/09 19:45:20 UTC

[VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.2.15

Hi,

I was running the needed tasks to get the 2.2.15 release of Apache
MyFaces core out.

Please note that this vote concerns all of the following parts:
   1. Maven artifact group "org.apache.myfaces.core" v2.2.15  [1]

The artifacts were deployed on nexus repo [1] for binary and source
packages.

The release notes could be found at [4].

Also the japicmp tool (similar to clirr) did show a single binary
incompatibility with the previous 2.2.14 myfaces-api:
*javax.faces.component.UIForm* includes a new method: *invokeOnComponent*.

It was back-ported to 2.2.x under PR #266 to address
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-4283

This binary incompatibility also occurred with the 2.3.4 release [5].

See the attached "results.html" for the output of the japicmp tool.

I would also like to note that there was no TCK execution as I could not
find any instructions.

Please take a look at the "2.2.15" artifacts and vote! (see [3])

Please note: This vote is "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1
votes (see [2]).

[ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be released, and
why.

The MyFaces Team

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1203/org/apache/myfaces/core/
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes
[3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemyfaces-1203/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-core-assembly/
[4]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10600&version=12349664
[5] https://lists.apache.org/thread/64dykrgfvq5qfxn9q3tz3qw149dqpmv1

Re: [VOTE] release of MyFaces Core 2.2.15

Posted by Volodymyr Siedlecki <vo...@apache.org>.
Hello,

We have enough votes, and I will now complete the release.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Paul Nicolucci <pn...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards,