Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 17:45:30 UTC

Re: [Nutch] and Solr integration

All,

I realize that the documentation says that you crawl first then add to Solr
but I spent several hours running the same command through Cygwin with
-solrindex http://localhost:8983/solr on the command line (eg. bin/nutch
crawl urls -dir crawl -threads 10 -depth 100 -topN 50 -solrindex
http://localhost:8983/solr) and it worked. Does anyone know why it's not
working for me anymore? I am using the Lucid build of Solr which was what i
was using before. I neglected to write down the command line syntax which is
biting me in the arse. Any tips on this one would be great!

Thanks,
Adam

Posted by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com>.
BLEH! <facepalm> This is entirely possible to do in a single step AS LONG AS
YOU GET THE SYNTAX CORRECT ;-)

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/09/10/refresh-using-nutch-with-solr/

<http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/09/10/refresh-using-nutch-with-solr/>bin/nutch
crawl urls -dir crawl -threads 10 -depth 100 -topN 50* -solr*
http://localhost:8983/solr

<http://localhost:8983/solr>The correct param is -solr NOT -solrindex.

Cheers,
Adam