Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com> on 2005/08/21 20:17:34 UTC

Recursive multiproject site

I have a multiproject site that goes three levels deep:

site
core
sandbox
....newproj
........newproj-core
........newproj-example
....otherproj
........otherproj-core
........otherproj-example

I have maven.multiproject.site.goals=multiproject in project.properties at
the 'sandbox' and 'newproj' and 'otherproj' levels.

When I run 'maven multiproject:site' from the 'site' subproject, all of the
documentation *is* getting created.  It looks good at (for example) the
sandbox/newproj/target/docs level-- the core and example subproject docs are
there.

However, Maven is not copying the 'newproj/target/docs' files up into
sandbox/target/doc (which means that they don't get copied into
site/target/docs).

Does anyone know what I might be missing here?

Wendy Smoak

Re: Recursive multiproject site

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Wendy Smoak" <ja...@wendysmoak.com>

>I have a multiproject site that goes three levels deep:
>
> site
> core
> sandbox
> ....newproj
> ........newproj-core
> ........newproj-example
> ....otherproj
> ........otherproj-core
> ........otherproj-example
>
> I have maven.multiproject.site.goals=multiproject in project.properties at
> the 'sandbox' and 'newproj' and 'otherproj' levels.
>
> When I run 'maven multiproject:site' from the 'site' subproject, all of
> the documentation *is* getting created.  It looks good at (for example)
> the sandbox/newproj/target/docs level-- the core and example subproject
> docs are there.

No, they're not.  The multiproject:clean goal isn't descending past the
'sandbox' level, so there were old files lying around.

If I cd to sandbox and run multiproject:site, THEN I get all the files (and
the next time through, they'll get copied up.)

So the problem is with running 'multiproject:site' *from* the 'site'
subdirectory.  It makes sense that this would call 'site' for each of the
sub-projects.  Okay so far... but now anything I try, such as (in 'sandbox'
maven.xml):
   <postGoal name="site">
     <attainGoal name="multiproject:site"/>
   </postGoal>
causes an endless loop.

I imagine the solution is *very* simple and I've just been staring at it too
long.

How do I get multiproject:site to descend all the way down to the bottom of
the structure, and copy everything up into site/target/docs?

Wendy Smoak