Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/01 15:14:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] Use java11 for general checks in pre commit and nightly

I've put up a PR for HBASE-27443, to change the version of the jdk for
our general checks to 11.

https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/4845

This could be good progress on moving up to jdk11, as we have
discussed dropping jdk8 support for maybe HBase 4.0. And we could also
bump the version of error prone plugin as starting from 2.11.0, error
prone plugin only supports jdk11+.

PTAL if you have interest.

Thanks.

Re: [DISCUSS] Use java11 for general checks in pre commit and nightly

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oh, there is a problem for branch-2.x as we still need to support
hadoop2, but in our pom, when building with java 11, we add an
enforcer rule to force using hadoop-3.0 profile.

I think for hadoop 2.10.2, it is OK to compile and run with jdk11
since we do not need to compile hadoop itself. Let me at least run all
the UTs with java 11 to see if there are any java 11 specific
problems.

Thanks.

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2022年11月7日周一 18:14写道:

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.